Buying a new home is stressful but there is no reason to add to the stress when it might be possible to avoid some problems right at the beginning. We walk our Port St Lucie Home buyers through every step of the process so you can rest assured your closing will go very well. These are the important Steps to Take Before Your Closing on your Home In Port St Lucie.
Before you actually close:
- Arrange a walk through of the property with your real estate broker. This should be done a day or two before the closing date so, if necessary, any repairs or other issues can be addressed.
- During this inspection, check any items that were listed in the purchase contract as being left, make sure they have not been removed and also make sure they are in working order.
- Check the heating and a/c to make sure they are working properly. Bring with you you home inspector’s report to confirm that the seller complied with any agreed upon repairs.
- Ask your Real Estate agent to confirm that there are no issues with the title and contact your mortgage broker to go over the closing statment. You will need to sign the closing disclosure statement a few days before the closing to acknowlege that you agree to the figures. Confirm the exact amount of the certified check or wire you need to have for your funds to close.
- Do a final check with your insurance agent, making sure both the bank and your attorney or title company have letters showing you have insured the home.
- Finally, call the local power company, water / service, cable provider and any other service providers to move those into your name on the closing date.
- With just a little preparation and organization, you can have a stress free, smooth closing and enjoy your new home on the Treasure Coast of Florida!
Please let me know if you have questions regarding the Steps to Take Before Your Closing on your Home In Port St Lucie.